Thursday, September 01, 2011

The original Snackville Junction restaurant. Located on South Western Avenue near west 115th street. Chicago Illinois. January 1976.

I took this photo with My parent's Kodak 110 Pocket Camera, way back in January of 1976.

Seen here on the west side of South estern Avenue at approximately West 115th Street, is the original "Snackville Junction" restaurant.

During the 1990's, this restaurant had moved to south suburban Evergreen Park Illinois on South Kedzie Avenue near est 92nd Street.

If You ordered at the counter, the waitress would bring our food to You aboard an O 27 guage Lionel train. This was a big hit with little children, and a few railfan grown ups on the southside of Chicago.

1 comment:

Bill Baar said...

I remember my parents bringing me here. I had a cheese sandwich.