Thursday, February 12, 2009

1970's era Chicago transit Authority GMC bus at South Archer and Pulaski Road. Chicago Illinois USA. May 1986.

The original Mount Pindo's restaurant. Chicago Illinois. May 1986.

I took this photo looking east at the intersection of South Archer Avenue and South Pulaski Road, on a lovely and sunny Springtime day in May of 1986. A mid 1970's era CTA GMC Fishbowl windshield TDH Series transit bus, is seen stopping for passengers by the original Mount Pindos Restaurant in Chicago's Archer Heights neighborhood.

3 comments:

Greg_Eagel said...

Thank you so much for this image. My mother and her family grew up just behind Curie HS. I was born the year this photo was taken, and it's really cool to see what the neighborhood was like back then. I'm currently using this photo as the first in my FB timeline. Is this okay? I know I should have your permission first, but I couldn't resist. I would be more then happy to either remove the photo or give you a credit at your discretion. Thank you again for taking it in the first place.

Eddie said...

I am glad that You like this photo!

Go ahead buddy!
You have My permission and blessing.

Thanks.
Eddie K.

Curie High School Class Of 1981.

Eddie said...

I am glad that You like this photo!

Go ahead buddy!
You have My permission and blessing.

Thanks.
Eddie K.

Curie High School Class Of 1981.