Thursday, February 05, 2009

The city of Chicago skyline in 1979. Chicago Illinois USA.

The city of Chicago skyline. Chicago Illinois 1979.

Hello everyone!
welcome aboard Eddie's Railfan Page.

Todays opening photo, was taken back in the year of 1979 by My now long deceased Aunt Thereasa Horvath. My Aunt Thereasa was an absolutely wonderful person who loved photography just as much if not more than Myself. In the year of 1979, My Aunt Thereasa worked for the Reserve insurance Company in downtown Chicago Illinois. She took this photo looking out of the window of the hi rise downtown office building She had worked at. This photo shows just how the downtown city of Chicago Illinois skyline had actually looked like back in the year of 1979. Many things have changed since then here in the Windy City. Many buildings have come and gone, and many new ones now occupy downtown Chicago today due to numerous commercial real estate development projects in recent years.

My Aunt Thereasa was a loving, friendly and very outgoing person. She went on many vacations and Sunday drive outings with My Family. She had an avid interest in photography as a hobby, and enjoyed hamming it up and mugging for an occasional photo of Herself once in a while. She brought many years of love and joy to My Family and Her Friends, and many years of very happy memorys.

My Aunt Thereasa, unfortunately secumbed to Cancer after fighting a lenghty battle with the disease in 1988. Her memory is a big inspiration today in regards to My own photography. I will never forget all the fun that We shared going on location with our 35MM cameras together back in the 198o's. She was great!

Aunt Thereasa? If You have the Internet in up in Heaven...I just want You to know That I still love You, and Am proud to have had You as My Aunt when I did.

Thank You.
Eddie K.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sweet tribute. Your aunt would no doubt be proud of your efforts and thrilled with this thing called the Internet that lets you share your photos in a way she could never imagine.