Sunday, October 02, 2011















I found this photo at My Link page Fallen Flags.Org, located to the right of Your computer screen at www.rr-fallenflags.org

I grew up on the near southwest side of Chicago Illinois USA, during the 1960's, 70's and 80's eras.

I lived approximately one mile north of the now former Illinois Central Gulf Railroad's Iowa Division Mainline in My old neighborhood.

The Illinois Central, also operated a subsidiary switching affiliate railroad known as The Chicago & Illinois Western. The former C & I,W operated out of the recently closed Crawford Yard west of South Pulaski Road at approximately West 33rd Street.
The C & I,W branchline, once went as far west as Mc Cook Illinois, but was cut back to Lyons Illinois during the early 1990's.

This Illinois Central Gulf Railroad wide vision caboose with a hand spray painted C I W on the side, is viewed somewhere east of South Cicero Avenue near the Chicago sanitary and Ship Canal at the border of west suburban Cicero Illinois during the early 1980's.

I can actually recall seeing this caboose a handful of times back in the late 1970's and early 1980's era.

Thanks.
Eddie K.

No comments: