Sunday, October 23, 2011

Playland Park. (Gone.) Justice Illinois USA.

This photo was E mailed to Me recently, by Mr Robert Pitunjac of The Clear Ridge Historical Society of Chicago.

A once popular and now forgoted family amusement park located in southwest suburban Justice Illinois, was a little place known as Playland Park.

Playland Park had opened for business during possibly the mid 1950's, and closed for good after the sudden and untimely passing of the park's owner in the fall of 1979.

I could recall when I was growing up on the southwest side of Chicago during the 1970's, that there was nothing more enjoyable than a Summer evening on the park's midway.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I loved Playland Park - one of my very favorite childhood memories was going to Playland with my siblings and my Father - good times!