Friday, March 02, 2007

Chicago's NorthWestern Station. May 1984.

This is one of the last photos I had taken of the old 1911 built NorthWestern Station, located on west Madison Street in downtown Chicago IL.
Deolition preparations were already in place along the Canal Street side of the building. Demolition of the old NorthWestern station began in June of 1984. The building was replaced by a tall glass and steel office building originally called The NorthWestern Atrium Center. This site today, is now known as the Richard B. Ogilvie Transportation Center.

1 comment:

Iain said...

Hi Eddie

Pardon me leaving a message here but I've had address book problems and I can't find your address ...

Sorry no-one has heard from me for a while. A death in the family meant a return for two months to the UK and then I've been catching up with other stuff back in Japan since.

I'm hoping that "Railway Roundabout" will get regular updates again from this month but probably for now only once or twice a week

Best Wishes

Iain