Thursday, March 22, 2007

Westbound Metra express commuter train passing Hollywood Station. Brookfield Illinois USA. Early October 2006.

I took this photo after work,from the south platform of the Hollywood commuter rail depot. The Suburban village of Brookfield Illinois USA has 2 Metra commuter rail stations. This depot is on the east side of town near 1st Avenue -U.S Rt 171, and is known as the Zoo stop. Chicago's Brookfield Zoo is approximately 5 blocks north of here, and some local Chicagoans prefere to take the Metra here, rather than pay to park and also cover the cost of admission too. This weekday express commuter train to Aurora Illinois, is being pulled by an EMD F-59PH passenger loco.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Eddie: Brookfield is where I use to live. I remember the Hollywood Stop very well in my Childhood. As there was a old station house there. Until it was demolished in 78.

The locomotive you see here is a F40PHM-2 From other sites I have surfed. This loco was one of the last locomotives built at the EMD Plant Near McCook.

Keep up the great work.

Unknown said...

Does Metra not stop at Congress Park? I know the station is gone, but that was a good railfan spot in the 1950s. There was a tower to the west, overseeing the underpass and exchange with IHB, a pedestrian underpass connecting the platforms and a small yard with a little activity.

Unknown said...

I grew up in Brookfield in 40s & 50s. My dad worked at EMD during WW2 inspecting anti-aircraft guns, while diesel fabrication was suspended. Later my uncle Chet worked there.

We thought of it as being near Lagrange and called it Electromotive or GM.