Thursday, March 15, 2007

My model railroad 2007.

This is a photo of My small (40" X 48" ) H.O Scale model train layout under construction. My wife and Myself are currently residing in a small basement apartment in her families Elmwood Park Illinois home. We are really tight for space at this point in time, so I have decided that this is a temporary portable layout until we eventually move out and get our own place. My layout has 2 one way sidings and an interchange connection. The curves are a combination of 18 and 22 inch radious to fit the board itself. The 40 foot boxcars like the two behind the locomotive can easillyhandle My curves, but the 50 footers like the last one in Great Northern RR markings , have a tendency to derail at slow speed. The old Athearn EMD SW 1500 is missing handrails, but the ones it came with didn't fit, and some of them were missing anyway. I always wanted to work on the railroad, but found it to be a closed door and was never able to secure employment with any of the common carriers. I ended up pursuinging a career in sales instead. This is what I do at home after work sometimes to relax after a hard day. I always liked switching locals.

No comments: