Friday, March 16, 2007

Milwaukee County Transit System 1970's GMC bus on last run charter. June 8th 2001.

Hello everyone!
Welcome aboard Eddie's Railfan Page. Today is "Bus Day" here at My transportation blog site.
Here I am in Milwaukee Wisconsin USA, on June 8th 2001. The Milwaukee County Transit System, and the Omnibus Society of America was operating this "Last Run" retirement excursion of the 1970's era GMC fishbowl buses. After many years of transit service in Milwaukee, these veteran GMC coaches were finally being phased out. Luckilly...several have been preserved. One is on display at the Illinois Railway Museum in Union Illinois USA. The people at the Milwaukee County Transit System were very nice, and allowed Myself and several of the bus fans to pose for photographs behind the wheel. I guess I have a little bit of Ralph Kramden in Me. My wife Cheryl and Myself both love to watch the Honeymooners on TV.

No comments: