Friday, March 30, 2007

Eastbound CSX Transportation double stack container train. Hayford Junction. Chicago Illinois USA. March 2007.

I took this photo on Tuesday evening after work this week. I was enroute to My families house in Bridgeview Illinois for a visit. I took a small detour enroute, and stopped at Hayford junction for the first time since at least 1993. I used to come here by bicycle during the 1980's. An eastbound CSX Transportation intermodal train, has just left the Belt Railway of Chicago's Clearing Yard in Bedford Park Illinois. The train is about to cross over the former Grand Trunk Western mainline crosstracks. The trees in the background, is where the traffic control, dispatchers office building used to stand. It was demolished in the early 1990's. It was great to be back here again after many years. It's still as busy as ever too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GREAT picture!!!!!!!!