Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Summer fun at Irv's Golf Range in 1985. Bedford Park Illinois USA. (gone)

I was rumaging through some old Chicago area photos I had taken during the 1980's, and found this scene of a happy summer memory in 1985.

This is the long gone "Irv's Golf Range", wich was located at south Cicero Avenue at approximately west 70th Street, in the southwest suburban village of Bedford Park Illinois. I had spent many happy summer afternoons and evenings here, with family and various friends, or even Myself from approximately 1975 to 1991. It was a fun place to visit.

Chicago had experienced a heavy winter snowfall in 1991, and springtime found the range flooded badly. The property was sold later that year, and redeveloped into a large shopping center with stores from Walmart and Target. Although Irv's is gone, the photo made Me smile.

5 comments:

leomemorial said...

Hi Eddie!! I found your blog on accident, while looking for train pictures in the Clearing neighorhood. Your blog, memories and photos are GREAT!!!!

I grew up on 64th/Long in Clearing then moved to Burbank 78th and Parkside.

A year ago, I moved back home to Clearing after residing in Florida for awhile.

Do you have any trains pics in the Clearing area? I need to get my camera out... thanx

Tom Gill said...

Irv's rocked! That's where I learned how to swing a golf club before I tried it on a course.

You've even got the old Carson's water tower in the pic!

Eddie said...

Hello Leonmemorial!
Thank You for finding My blogsite
by accident. I am glad that You enjoy it. Yes , I do have some 1980's vintage BRC photos, as well as some later ones. I have some from Bedford park, and some from the north terminal / interchange at Craigin Junction on Chicago's northside.

Thank You.
Eddie.

Anonymous said...

Eddie,

How about that big, multi-lane fun slide that used to be in that area. Wasn't that at this spot, just adjacent to the range?

Anonymous said...

Thanks!! This place rocks!!!