Monday, March 12, 2007

A summer scene from northwest suburban Schiller Park Illinois USA. August 2006.

I took this photo on west Irving Park Road, in the village of Schiller Park Illinois USA. A northbound Canadian National Railroad freight train , is seen on the viaduct, waiting for clearance to enter the railroad yard. I work as an outside sales representative for a local Chicago soft drink company, and the village of Schiller Park Illinois is part of the area that I service.
I have always been impressed by the lush plant life, and clean appearance the village takes pride in maintaining on their city streets. Very nice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Back in October 2001 a friend and I went to a locksmith trade show just up the street of this overpass. I snapped a photo of it still in Soo lettering. A local Police Officer was interested in why I took the photo, I explained why and realized everyone was pretty cautious shortly after September 11th. He understood the reason and let us go on our way.