Sunday, June 27, 2010

Westbound Auto Rack train passing through Hayford Junction. Chicago Illinois USA. April 1987.

Westbound Auto Rack train. Hayford Junction.  Chicago Illinois. April 1987.

One happy memory I have about railfanning in Chicago during the 1980's, were the many visits I made to Hayford Junction at West 75th Street and South Central Park Avenue in Chicago's Ashburn neighborhood.

wether I went there by CTA bus or by My bicycle...Hayford Junction was an enjoyable experience back then. I took this photo from the southside of the crosstracks.
A westbound unit train made up of Auto Rack freight cars is viewed traveling over the Belt Railway of Chicago tracks entering in to the nearby BRC Clearing Yard. The train is passing through the north and south Grand Trunk Western Railroad crosstracks.

Back then, I rarely took mid train photos of the cars in transit. I am so glad that I did on this occasion, as I had captured a rare pre 1982 Southern Railroad Auto Rack car in transit.

No comments: