Saturday, June 12, 2010

Summer vacation surprise in the state of Vermont. July 1980.

Summer vacation surprise.

In July of 1980, I went on a long distance motorcoach sightseeing tour vacation of the New England states with My Mother and My now deceased Aunt Rose. ( I miss Her.)

I took this photo somewhere in the State of Vermont, during a roadside rest stop. I do not recall what the name of this town was, However I do recall that our coffe shop refreshment rest stop was located near a branchline railroad line.

I wasn't off the bus very long, when I heard the distinctive rumbling sound of a short approaching freight train and the tooting of an airhorn.

With camera ready in hand, I photographed Vermont Railway Alco RS-3 roadswitcher # 603 idling near our roadside location prior to performing a switching movement.

This very same locomotive today, hauls tourists on the Batten Kill Railroad in the state of New York. A nice and unplanned chance encounter in the state of Vermont.

No comments: