Friday, June 11, 2010

A railroad crew member on the Santa Fe / Illinois Northern branchline local. Chicago Illinois USA. 1986.

Railroad Crew member.

I took this photo one morning back in My old neighborhood during the Spring of 1986.

While I did not get this gentlemens name at the time, the Monday to Friday Illinois Northern / I.N branchline local visited My neighborhood and spotted cars on the factory spurs in Chicago's Little Village neighborhood.

The I.N crew would always smile and wave whenever they would see Me occasionaly standing trackside. They were a nice group of guys. The old Atchinson, Topeka & Santa Fe's Illinois Northern branchline, was My old neighborhood railroad when I was growing up in the city of Chicago Illinois.

This photo was taken around West 28th Street about one block east of South Kedzie Avenue. Today the succesor railroad BNSF Railway has put this line up for abandonement.

No comments: