Thursday, June 10, 2010

An early morning Chicago & NorthWestern Railroad switching local at work. Rapid City South Dakota USA. June 1984.

Early morning  Chicago & Northwestern switching local at work.  Rapid City South Dakota.  June  1984.

I took this photo looking down from My hotel room window, in Rapid City South Dakota.

My Mother and Myself, were enjoying a much deserved motorcoach vacation tour to Yellowstone National Park and other western United States locations way back in June of 1984. On the outbound leg of Our journey, We spent one night lodgeing in Rapid City South dakota.

This railfan from Chicago (Me.) was awakened by the distinct sound of a local freight train spotting cars on nearby industrial spur sidings. I quietly reached over and grabbed My camera to capture this memorable vacation photo at sunrise.

No comments: