Tuesday, April 01, 2008

1945 General Motors TDH Series transit bus under restoration. The Midwest Transit Bus Museum. Cresthill Illinois USA. September 2001.

The rusty but operable bus in the foreground, is a privately owned 1945 General Motors bus from the city of Milwaukee Wisconsin. GM buses of this body design, are refered to as "Old Look" GM's. The bus in the background to the left, is a 1976 GM from Washington D.C, while the two white buses with the green and black trim, are 1970's era GM transit buses recently retired from the Milwaukee County Transit District.

2 comments:

Tom Gill said...

Hey Eddie!

Is that a photo of the bus you drive at work???

Eddie said...

Ha ha!
Very funny Tom.

No, but just recently, I was assigned one of our older Ford Econoline series paratransit buses. The power and brakes and steering broke down shortly before I arrived for a pick up passenger in Palatine Illinois. I was told to dropp off the passenger because He was a short distance away from where He had to go, and to Immeditely bring the bus back to the garage.

It was My first week as a solo driver upon completion of My training, and it was also My first mechanical failure in transit.

I was assigned one of the NEW buses that afternoon. It was like driving a Cadilac.

Thank You.
Eddie K.