Thursday, October 22, 2009

First Transit 2001 Ford paratransit bus # 5580 at 6:00 AM. Glenview Illinois USA. October 2009.

First Transit 2001 Ford paratransit bus # 5580  at 6:00 AM. Glenview Illinois. October 2009.

I took this photo at work one morning recently a few weeks ago.
At 6:00 AM during the Autum of any given year, it is very dark and resembles midnight conditions outside.

I had just cloked in to begin My early morning shift a a Paratransit Driver out of My company's garage in north suburban Glenview Illinois. After driving the bus out of the garage, I parked it just down the street to begin My mandatory pre trip inspection. On this day, I was assigned to drive 2001 Ford paratransit bus # 5580.

Here is how My bus looks like outside at the begining of My shift at 6:00 AM.
The idling of surrounding buses parked on the street, breaks the late night silence.

2 comments:

Anthony C said...

Cool shot. Almost looks like a jack-o-lantern.

Unknown said...

Always enjoy your posts, especially, being one myself, those involving your paratransit driving adventures. Although I moved to evening shifts a while back here in Portland, your post brought me right back to those "O-dark-hundred" mornings with a lot full of idling engines, pretripping with the headlights breaking the morning mist, and travelmugs of hot coffee.

smttycty