Monday, October 12, 2009

Inside Chicago's Kiddieland Amusement Park. Melrose Park Illinois. Thursday, October 8th 2009 after the park had closed.

Chicago's Kiddieland Amusement Park. Melrose Park Illinois. Thursday, October 8th 2009 after the park had closed.

I took this rare behind the scenes photo inside of Kiddieland Amusement Park, on a rainy Thursday, October 8th 2009. I asked a park maintenance worker if I could see a manager. I explained that I had came to Kiddieland for many years, and if it was alright....If I could please take some last photos inside before it was too late?

The worker could not find a manager on duty or on site at the time, but walked with Me on the midway during My agreed upon short visit that day. This is the boarding area on the amusement park's Little Dipper roller coaster.

Chicago's Kiddieland Amusement Park closed for good on Sunday, September 27th 2009 after 81 years in operation here in Melrose Park Illinois.

Goodbye Kiddieland.

Thanks.
Eddie K

No comments: