Monday, September 27, 2010

The back alley gate. Elmwood Park Illinois. September 2010.






Hi everyone!
Welcome aboard Eddie's Railfan Page from the city of Chicago Illinois.

I took this photo recently in September of 2009.
Chicago and some of the many surounding suburban communities, are the fabled land of backyards, alleys and old neighborhoods.

This is a sight familiar to anyone who grew up in any given old neighborhood in Chicago like I did on the southwest side of the city originally. I spent My childhood living in a small two story rear house off of an alley in Chicago. The accomodations were very humble, and the yard was unfortunately very small.
Still, this was one of the many things that helped shape My character, and helped inspire My Chicago based blogsite.

This photo has that old Chicago neighborhood look and feel to it, even if this was taken in near northwest suburban Elmwood Park Illinois. It's like coming home.

Thanks.
Eddie K.

No comments: