Thursday, September 09, 2010

Kiddieland amusement park site demolition. Melrose Park Illinois. Wednsday, June 30th, 2010.

I took this photo after work one hot summer evening recently, in late June of 2010.

Well folks.....the wrecking company crew finally began demolition work at the former Kiddieland Amusement Park site in Melrose Park Illinois.

I took this photo looking north across West North Avenue. With cherry picker snorkel vechicles on site, the train station and merry go round buildings have been stripped down to their steel skeletal construction. It was a sad image taken less than a year after Kiddieland had closed on Sunday, September 27th, 2009.

That new Costco being constructed this year, can never replace the many happy family memorys here that existed for 81 years.

1 comment:

BassPlayerSusan said...

I'm so sorry to see this. I'm a roller coaster enthusiast and I understand the Little Dipper is an A.C.E. (American Coasters Enthusiass) Classic. At least Great America bought the Little Dipper and I understand a railway museum bought their trains.