Sunday, September 12, 2010

Chicago, North Shore and Milwaukee Railroad battery -electric steeplecab locomotive working on a freight train near the Great Lakes Naval Training Station around North Chicago Illinois. Photographed on April 20th 1962.

I occasionaly enjoy viewing photos on My links pages to the right of Your computer screen.

Although I was born too late to experience the real Chicago, North Shore and Milwaukee electric interurban railroad first hand, I always enjoy seeing the actual photos here at one of My all time personal favorite links pages Dave's Electric Railroads
www.davesrailpix.com/

I work out of Glenview Illinois, and everyday I get to see the remnants of the North Shore's Skokie Valley Mainline east of Glenview and a little of their old Shore Line Route in the Evanston area as well.

Although the Chicago, North Shore and Milwaukee went out of business for good in January of 1963, several pieces of original North Shore Line equipment has been preserved at the Illinois Railway Museum in Union Illinois. www.irm.org

I have been an avid viewer of Dave's Electric Railroads for ten years now at least. an excelent reference source.

No comments: