Monday, April 04, 2011

The Oak Park Society of Model Engineers H.O Scale Model Railroad Club. Oak Park Illinois USA. Wednsday, March 23rd, 2011.

One of the many things I had come to enjoy growing up as a railfan in the city of Chicago Illinois during the late 1960's and early 1970's era, were the many diverse color schemes and markings of the many railroads that once had served the Windy city back then,

One of My personal favorites that I lament not having any photos of by the time I purchased My first 35mm camera, was the orange boxcar fleet of the Illinois Central Railroad, and the 1972 succesor Illinois Central Gulf.

These boxcars were really something else to see in their orange paint, and split rail logo.

This H.O Scale model, nicely represents this era I grew up in back in the day.

No comments: