Thursday, April 30, 2009

Digital Live Sound Video: Southbound Belt Railway of Chicago transfer train crossing West 67th Street. Chicago Illinois USA. June 2008.



I photographed this digital live sound video on location at West 67th and South Knox Avenues near Chicago's Midway Airport in June of 2008. I spotted a slow moving Belt Railway of Chicago transfer train approaching from the north, and quickly parked My car and began photographing this video. Unfortunately...The overcast sky suddenly opened up the moment I stepped out of My car, and I got soaked in a sudden and very torential Chicago summer rainstorm. It was really poring!

A southbound Belt Railway of Chicago heavy transfer freight train with a leased diesel locomotive up front, approaches the railroad crossing at West 67th Street, and sooon heads east on the West 68th Street wye junction at Clearing Yard. Railroading continues 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in all kinds of weather, and this is definately proof of it in action on Chicago's southwest side.

No comments: