Wednesday, April 15, 2009

One of My H.O Scale model train layouts I built during the 1980's. Chicago Illinois USA. 1987.

One of My H.O Scale model train layouts I built during the 1980's. Chicago Illinois. 1987.

During the 1980's, I was involved in H.O Scale model railroading when I lived in the city of Chicago Illinois. This was My 4 x 6 foot ficticious "Alsip Railroad" layout.
Although I had a switching locomotive or two painted blue and cream with big white "Alsip" letters on the sides of the hoods....I also operated equipment painted for other railroads. One of My personal all time favorite Chicago railroads I had grown up with, was the Atchinson, Topeka & Santa Fe Railroad.

A Santa Fe EMD model SW-7 diesel yard switcher locomotive in the 1960 plain blue and yellow color scheme, is viewed here at work spotting a car on the lumberyard siding.
Even though this layout had an outer loop of track used for mainline operations, the trains I enjoyed operating the most were the switching locals that served the factory and industrial sidings.

No comments: