Monday, October 10, 2011

Eddie K standing by the sign at the Lyons Public Library. Lyons Illinois USA. Saturday, October 8th, 2011.

Hello everyone!

Welcome aboard Eddie's Railfan Page, from the city of Chicago Illinois USA.

This photo was taken this past Saturday afternoon, at the parking lot of the Lyons Public Library.

I was hosting a railfan photo slideshow event at the library, and needless to say...it was a big success!

Several people came out to the library, and enjoyed seeing My program of homemade musical photo slideshows I had put together using Windows DVD Maker and Windows Movie Maker.

The one I had put together entitled "When Chicago Rode The Streetcars", was a hit with, many visiting patrons who had grown up in Chicago many years ago during the electric streetcar era. Many happy memories were shared.

It was a fun event, and I was glad to have the opportunity to host it.

Thank You Lyons Public Library.

Eddie K.

3 comments:

adgorn said...

My first time at one of your presentations - I enjoyed it very much! Look forward to more.

Anthony C said...

"Several" ? Hey, give yourself more credit. There had to be 20 people in those seats, for sure. Definitely a nice turnout considering you were competing with summer-like weather in October. Hard to drag people inside on a day like that.

Nice job.

Eddie said...

Hi Anthony!

Thanks buddy! You are right again.

I had fun doing this presentation, and I have recieved some positive feedback via one E Mail from a patron in the audience.

I will be returning there next year on Saturday, March 24th, 2011, for a show about Kiddieland, and possibly Riverview and Playland amusement parks that once existed in the greater Chicagoland area.

This will definately be a fun and challenging project.

Thanks.
Eddie K.