Friday, March 05, 2010

Slow moving westbound Burlington Northern double stack container train. Berwyn Illinois USA. July 1985.

Westbound Burlington Northern double stack container train. Berwyn Illinois. July 1985.

I took this photo on a hot and very sunny afternoon way back in July of 1985 during My early days as a lineside railfan photographer.

A slow moving westbound Burlington Northern Railroad intermodal double stack container train, is viewed approaching the Oak Park Avenue railroad crossing upon departing nearby Clyde Yard in nearby adjacent Cicero Illinois.

Although I made sure that there were no other trains coming when I stepped out to snap this photo, I am much more safety concious than that these days and won't do this now. I am very aware of moving trains ,and enjoy My railfanning activities in a safe and responsible way.

No comments: