Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Chicago severe winter blizzard snowstorm. Elk Grove Village Illinois USA. Tuesday, February 1st, 2011.





I took this photo yesterday afternoon around 2:15 PM, in Elk Grove Village Illinois near Chicago's O'Hare International Airport.

After hearing on the news the night before that the National Weather Service had issued a severe blizzard warning for the greater Chicagoland area for Tuesday, February 1st, 2011....I decided to take My camera to work, and capture maybe an image or two of the impending heavy lake effect snowstorm.

The storm was estimated to begin around 3:00 PM, but actually started blowing around 2:15 PM. After I dropped off My last paratransit bus passenger in Elk Grove Village Illinois, I temporarilly parked the bus and took this photograph.

Heavy lake effect snow, low visibility and strong gusty winds blowing out of the northeast, was begining to wreek havoc on the greater Chicagoland area. The howling winds out of the northeast, were blowing the snowfall sideways in this photo.

It was a long, slow and very slippery commute back to the gasoline station, and to My company's bus garage that evening.

Thanks.
Eddie K.

No comments: