Thursday, December 08, 2011

News from Eddie K! A new musical photo slideshow about Chicago's historic amusement parks of the past is now in the works!

Hello everyone!

This is Eddie K, Your host and photographer here at Eddie's Railfan Page.

After the debut of My homemade musical photo slideshow video entitled "Kiddieland Memories" in 2011, and all of the positive responses and subsequent requests to show this at My upcoming public speaking presentations, all I can say is ..."WOW"!

I am currently putting together a new musical photo slideshow video about Chicago's historic and sometimes forgotten amusement parks of the past.

So far I have located several historic photographs on the internet of Chicago's Riverview Park ( 1904 - 1967) Adventureland in Addison Illinois ( 1961 - 1977) a handful from Playland Park in Justice Illinois ( 1950's to 1979), and I am working to hopefully acquire some more for this presentation.

I will debut this video on Saturday, January 28th, 2012 at the Brookfield Illinois public library from 1 to 3 PM, admission is free.

I am currently looking for photos or information about Dispensa's Kiddie Kingdom in Oak Brook Terrace Illinois ( 1975 - 1984), Fairyland Amusement Park on U.S Rt # 66 / Harlem Avenue in Lyons Illinois ( 1940's - 1978), or whatever I can locate.

If You have any photos or information on any of these places or would like to share Your memories of them, You can E Mail Me at
edwardpk04@yahoo.com

Thanks.
Eddie K.

No comments: