Monday, December 12, 2011

CN switching move at Crawford Yard. Chicago IL. 2007.



Last week, I upoaded some of My old silent digital videos I had taken with My old digital camera that I no longer have, to the You Tube channel.

I photographed this silent digital video, back in early April of 2007.

We are at the Canadian National's former Illinois Central / Chicago & Illinois Western RR Crawford Yard facility on the near southwest side of Chicago, just east of the border of west suburban Cicero Illinois.

Two EMD roadswitchers from the former Illinois Central and the Grand Trunk Western Railroads acquired through merger by the Canadian National, are viewed switching tank car trains at the Crawford Yard facility.

Unfortunately, the Canadian National closed Crawford Yard in 2011, and has removed the tracks. It was nice while it had lasted.

No comments: