Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Northbound BNSF Railway light engine movement. Hawthorne Junction. Chicago / Cicero Illinois. February 2007.

I took this beautiful Winter sunset photograph after work one evening, back in February of 2007.

The entire Chicago area and many parts of the midwest, were suffering from a severe deep freeze condition. Daytime high temperatures rarely made it beyond 5 to 10 degrees Farenheight, and night time lows were a dangerous 10 below zero or more.

It was 8 degres above zero Farenheight, with a sharp wind blowing, and a frostbite advisory being issued by the National Weather Service when I took this photo.

Here I am standing out in this bitter cold with falling temperatures like a fool at Hawthorne Junction, when I spotted this northbound BNSF Railway light engine movement returning to the nearby BNSF Clyde Yard in Cicero Illinois.

Yes it was dangerously cold outside and the temperatures were falling, but the sunset sky and wintertime scenery silhouettes made it all worthwhile.

Soon I would walk back to My nice warm car and head home for the night.

No comments: