Sunday, December 18, 2011

under the double eagle



Hi everyone!
This is Eddie K, Your host and photographer here at Eddie's Railfan Page.

Big things are happening in the near future here at My blogsite, as I
have recieved numerous offers to host more musical photo slideshows at
several local Chicago area public libraries.

I am so excited about the recent offers to host programs about Chicago's
Historic Amusement Parks of the Past, as well as My own "Kiddieland Memories"
musical photo slideshow...Man! I can just hear the music on the midway now!

I spotted this video on You Tube a few days ago.

Seen here is a preserved and loveingly restored mechanical music machine found
on the carousel rides in amusement parks and traveling carnivals many years ago.
This particular example, was manufactured by a company known as Wurlitzer. This
company is famous for it's fine line of elaborate Pipe Organs and later Juke Boxes.
The music machine shown here, was known as a Band Organ.

The song, is a patriotic marching band song from the turn of the century entitled
"Under the double eagle".

Thanks.
Eddie K.

No comments: